Lately I
have been asked several times if I was or still am mad at God for taking
Kian...
To be
completely honest, at first I was very angry with God. Somehow I never turned my back or stopped
believing, but I had
a hard time accepting the concept that Jesus was crying with me as I mourned
for our son. I was told so many times
that Jesus can perform miracles, that no matter what doctors said that Kian
could be healed.
So after Kian passed
away, I asked God, why? Why didn’t you save our son? Why do you heal others and not Kian? I remember wondering why Jesus would be sad
when He could've just made the heart & lung defects go away and let us take
our son home. Sadly for us, He decided
to bring Kian HOME to Him.
I also
struggled (and on some days still struggle with) the fact that God gave Zach
and I the passion for kids. We both have
wanted to have children since we were very young. We both have careers that
work with children. We have such a
strong love for children and want children of our own so badly. So why were we chosen to go through the
difficulties of getting pregnant? Why
were we chosen to endure the unthinkable of watching our son struggle with life
and ultimately to lose him?
Some say
time heals all wounds. My wounds aren’t
healed. I will forever miss our little
fighter and forever have an empty place in my heart and in my life without
Kian. But…somewhere along the line I
have come to accept something pretty huge.
I prayed so many times for God to heal Kian so that we could be a family
but also so that the people that were so involved in his story could see God’s
strength and love at work. What I have
come to accept is that my prayers were answered, just in a totally different
way…
God did use
Kian’s life and his story to be glorified.
I believe that He
has been glorified through the healing of our hearts instead.
It is
difficult to answer the question whether I was or am angry with God for losing
Kian. Of course I have been on a roller
coaster of emotions over the last year and a half, we more like two and a half
years. I think my answer would be that
yes I was and at times still am angry.
But one
thing that I never doubted was that God’s strong and loving hand was with us
throughout it all. I know for a fact
that there is absolutely no way that I would have been able to be as strong as
I was throughout Kian’s life and death without our Lord. Yes, the extreme hurt and pain is still
present. But the amazing thing is that I
am not lost.
I remind
myself often that we don’t get to understand everything that happens in this
life. Oh trust me, I will have some
questions for the big man upstairs when I get there! And oh I can’t wait to be with our Kian
again. But until then, I think it is
important for us to walk by faith. To
believe even the things we don’t understand and the things we can’t see. Do I do this perfectly? Not even close! But I will continue to try!
Amen, sister - that is a huge revelation, & I will forever be inspired by the strength God has given you both, to endure such a tragic loss.
ReplyDeleteWow Danielle, what an amazing and God glorifying post!
ReplyDeleteRich Lidgard
You two continue to be such an inspiration! And such a testament to how God has worked in your lives and continues to do so. We will continue to pray for you and love you immensely!
ReplyDeleteThe Berry Patch