Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Roller Coaster

So the roller coaster we are on took a huge turn!  Typically in the past I haven't posted the low of the lows with Kian.  He always bounces back and we usually post the results.  But we have definitely seen how powerful prayer is, so we decided to post this and ask for more prayer for Kian.

Last night Kian had a rough time.  He coded, his heart stopped.  This is not the first time in his life this has happened.  It is actually the fourth.  They were able to get him stable with CPR and medications.  He is medically paralyzed right now and will stay that way until he is stable for a while.  They are not sure exactly what caused his heart to stop.  Oh, how many times we have heard that the doctors don't know what exactly is going on with Kian!

It isn't fair that Kian has to go through this over and over again.  It isn't fair that we have had to watch our baby fight for his life over and over again.  It isn't fair that so much of his life we can't control, we can't take care of him and protect him like we want to, like we're supposed to.

But that is life. And that is the why our faith is so strong.  We aren't in control.  God is in control and He has a plan for Kian.  We may never know why we are going through all this, but we do know it is sure making us stronger!  And it sure makes us appreciate and love our time with Kian so much!

For now, Kian is stable and we are by his side.  He has shown his fighting spirit over and over and we know he will continue fighting!

As always, we thank you all for your prayers.  Keep them coming!  Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. My heart goes out to you Zach, Danielle and especially Kian. I think the three of you are saints! Keep bright the light of hope Zach and Danielle I am sure Kian can feel it. I love this scripture and think of you, Danielle, now as I write it…Her children arise and call her blessed, Proverbs 31:28. My prayers will be continues as you go through these most difficult times. I have also spent the last two hours sending prayer requests to Catholic organizations all around the world (the same as I did for Joshua). You will have nuns, priest and laity praying for baby Kian all over. God Bless, Monica

    ReplyDelete