Merry Christmas! We hope that you all are having a wonderful Christmas with your family and friends.
Of course this time of year brings us mixed emotions. It is so very exciting and special to celebrate Jesus' birthday. To know that He was born to live and die for us is just amazing! The holidays are also difficult because we miss Kian so much and wish so badly he could be here with us. Though spending Christmas in Heaven is the ultimate celebration!
The other day I heard something on the radio that I wanted to share. This statement was made..."The trick to life is to be able see that God is good even through the tough times". After thinking about this I agree. The trick or secret to this roller coaster we call life is to find the good, focus on the good and cherish your blessings.
I think about the one Christmas we were blessed to spend with Kian. Was it ideal? No. He was in the hospital, hooked up to a ventilator, fighting for his life. It was an extremely difficult and unimaginable time. Though I can find the good. This doesn't mean I don't see the bad also. But through it all, we need to find the good. At the time, the good was the hope of life and the time we had together as a family. Today, I look back and the good is that we were blessed to spend one of each holiday with Kian. The good is also the lessons we have learned on our roller coaster ride so far.
During this Christmas time, make sure to stop and focus on the good. Take the time to see that God is good...even through the tough times. Know that we can truly be happy-No matter what is happening/has happened, we are His children. That is something amazingly good, something to celebrate!
Merry Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment