Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Christmas Jars

I just finished reading the book Christmas Jars by Jason F. Wright. This book was sent to us along with the anonymous donation I wrote about a while ago.

I don't know if anybody else thinks about things they can do for others. I have been thinking about this lately. In this beautifully written book, there is a tradition where you place a jar out and throw all of your spare change into it. Then, around Christmas time you bless someone in need or a complete stranger by giving them the jar full of money anonymously.

I know I am not doing the book justice by explaining it. I suggest you get it and read it! I have put out a jar and began collecting our spare change. We will begin the "Christmas Jar" tradition this year. I am going to think of a way to do it in memory of Kian!

In the book, this tradition was started with one person and then that person began doing it and so on. Similar to our anonymous friend who sent us this book and donation and now we will be "paying it forward"...

2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about you...I hope all is going well...I have heard about that concept and book..I think it is a great idea..
    Love,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a sweet mommy to continue this tradition that was passed on to you, in Kian's memory. God bless your anonymous donor!

    ReplyDelete