Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Update

We have been so blessed with the amount of love, support and prayer we continue to receive. Thank you!

Easter Sunday for us was good but also emotional. We went to church in the morning and spent the rest of the day with family. Several times throughout the day it hit us that this was our first holiday without Kian. As nighttime rolled around I got pretty emotional. I just miss Kian so much! His only Easter holiday was spent in the hospital. I just wish he had been able to participate in an Easter egg hunt and search for an Easter basket. What helped was thinking about the celebration Kian was having in Heaven. I mean celebrating Easter in Heaven, amazing!

It is really important to Zach and I to keep Kian alive in our hearts, thoughts and actions. We talk about him all the time. Also, in our house we have a memory area set up. Here we have the signed frames from Kian's memorial service, dried flowers from the service, photo books, his hand prints and foot prints and most importantly Kian's urn. We chose a beautiful urn that has Kian's handsome picture engraved on it.

Currently I am working on photo albums of all of Kian's pictures. He was photographed a lot in his life! Kian was so used to the camera that he immediately flashed a huge smile every time I pulled it out. :) In addition to pictures, Kian has four DVD's of his life. We took videos of him a lot! We cherish all of the pictures and videos we have of Kian.

Thanks again for all of your support. Please continue to pray for us. We are learning that every day is a new challenge, that grief is different every single day. A promise is what carries us through this grief. A promise that someday we will see Kian's sweet face again, of this we are sure.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart! We continue to pray for you & Zach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an amazing couple. We are grateful to know you. You are always in our prayers.
    Sheila and Neil
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are amazing!! I can't even imagine all the pain you have endured. I know that you have an angel to watch over you. I love the smile. It makes me laugh when I see pics of Kian with those chubby cheeks!! I am glad that you guys have such incredible love for each other!! God will continue to bless you both.

    Love,
    Jessica Riner

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys must be the most amazing parents in the world... I think about you guys and Kian all the time. All my love and prayers to you both!
    God Bless you both!
    Love,
    Jill Del Rio

    ReplyDelete