Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rock and a Hard Place

The doctor said that we are between a rock and a hard place.  Pretty much, Kian is not doing worse, but not getting too much better.  So the doctors and surgeons are going to have to decide if and when surgery will happen.  Doing it too soon could mean Kian wouldn't be strong enough.  Waiting too long is just allowing time for the risk of infection.  So hopefully tomorrow they will make a decision on what is best for Kian at this point.

In saying all that, Kian is fighting so hard!  He has a lot against him and is holding strong.  We are so proud of him!  We pray every day for God to give Kian the strength he needs, to give the doctors the guidance/knowledge they need and to give Zach & I the strength to stay positive for Kian.  

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.  Please keep them coming!

4 comments:

  1. always praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Footprints in the Sand

    One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky. In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,other times there were one set of footprints. This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints. So I said to the Lord,
    "You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during
    the most trying periods of my life
    there have only been one
    set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most,
    you have not been there for me?"
    The Lord replied,
    "The times when you have
    seen only one set of footprints,
    is when I carried you."

    He is carrying you, Zach, and Kian. Stay strong and know you all are so loved.
    Sheila and Neil xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. The prayers will always be there for Kian and your family. I will say an extra prayer for strength and knowledge for the doctors to know the best next step in his journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Zack,Danielle, you have shown positiveness and courage and strength like I have never experienced in my lifetime ,we have prayed for your Guardian Angels to keep to be with you and Kian during this most difficult time, don't get discouraged Kian is such a little fighter he will get thru this , stay strong , your not alone, we love you and keep praying for you everyday..nanna chichi

    ReplyDelete