Today Kian is doing pretty well. We are weaning his sedation, so he is beginning to open his eyes more. Boy have we missed those gorgeous eyes! We are also weaning his ventilator. Hopefully within the next couple days he will be off of it and breathing on his own! We were able to get a look at his chest & abdomen without any dressing...all I can say is wow! Aside from the huge scar running down his chest, he has three open incisions from the chest tubes, one chest tube still in, a scar above his belly button from a previous GI surgery and his g-tube button. There isn't much room left! It is so hard to see, but each and every scar will be a reminder of what he has overcome and what an amazing fighter he is!
Today I ran out to get my hair cut. It was LONG overdue! :) Naturally, the lady cutting my hair asked me where I was from. When I told her Florida, she asked why we were here. Of course I tried to tell her that our son was in the hospital in a quick, passing way. But she wanted to know more info, why was he there? I told her a little about Kian (just the current info or we would have been there all day!). :) Her response was perfect! She didn't give me pitty, she didn't look at me with those "poor you" eyes. She immediately said, "God loves you and your baby. Pray to him and he will take care of you. He's a God of miracles and He loves babies." She wrote down Kian's name and told me that her church would be praying for him. Amazing! God never ceases to put people in our paths to speak to us!
Awesome Danielle...thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSheila
xo
Dear Danielle,..how I admire you and Zack for all your strong and positive attitudes, that energy definitely gets passed on to Kian and is a strong msg. for the rest of us. LOVE YOU BOTH AND KIAN YOU ARE DEFINITELY ON TOP OF MY LIST BUDDY!!!...love nanna chichi
ReplyDeleteThat is great news!!! You are all so mazing!!!
ReplyDeleteLove
Katie
Her words are so true! I love God's perfect timing and how He knows just what you need to hear at that moment.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that you've been able to see Kian's beautiful eyes. Those scars will make for a good story of survival one day.
love you all!