Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Sunday, November 28, 2010

College Football

This entry is from Daddy...

Normally I let Danielle write all the blogs, let's be honest her grammar and wrtiting skills compared to mine are like Saturday's FSU vs UF game, no contest.  Anyway, this entry isn't about bragging about Kian's favorite team winning Saturday 31-7, but more on how college football can bring people together.

Thanksgiving day, the 3 of us went to Boston Market for lunch.  As I waited in a packed line for our food, I saw a gentleman walk in with a Boise State jacket on.  Now for those who know me you know 2 things.. I love college football and I love to talk trash.  So since I have never met a Boise State fan in my life, I decided on Thanksgiving that this was the best time to talk a little trash.  What happened next was maybe one of the best conversations of my life.  This gentleman's son played at Boise at the beginning of the decade and him and I had a very insightful conversation involving all aspects of sports and life.  He is a proud husband, father and grandfather and after our conversation him and I have become friends.  

Tonight I went to Olive Garden to pick up some carry out.  As I am walking out, guess who I run into....the Boise State fan....He asked about Kian and even remembered key details about Kian, that normally strangers often might forget.  He insisted on us staying in touch, which I planned on, and insisted that we see his lovely wife at her work for extra prayer and encouragement.  All of this stemming from a simple conversation where I just wanted to talk a little trash about Boise State football.  

God is strategic with the way he can bring people together and to have a complete stranger care about our son after a conversation about college football, shows that all of us are in good hands.  This experience with our beautiful son has shown us a lot of how great life can be, but after this weekend, we know that God is with all of us and can bring the best out in all of us, even if its from a simple conversation about college football.

Oh and one more thing...F-L-O-R-I-D-A...S-T-A-T-E....Florida State, Florida State, Florida State, Whew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Sorry it has been a long 6 years!

3 comments:

  1. LOVE this story Zach! Thanks for sharing it. You are all so loved. Your family has touched so many lives...praying for all of you!
    Sheila and Neil

    ** LOVE that FSU beat the Gators...(sorry Danielle xo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this story, zach...hard to get past the first paragraph (go gators), but it was worth it. i love to hear how God is continuing to reveal himself. our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As painful as that loss was, this was such a great post Zach!!! Your family is such a wonderful example of how God shows us miracles each day, through your strength as a couple and through Kian's life thus far. We are constantly sending love and prayers your way!! Oh and it's nice to know that current seniors at FSU are finally seeing a win against UF that they never saw as freshmen :) Get it? Ha!

    ReplyDelete