Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tough Decision

Zach and I had a really tough decision to make.  We have been thinking and praying about me going back to work this school year.  We finally decided that I am going to take the year off.  This is really hard for me, I LOVE teaching!  But someone said to me, "You will never regret taking a year off of work, you will always regret not spending time with your baby."  Financially it will be really hard, but in the end Zach and I know that money, work, etc pales in comparison to time with Kian.  Kian deserves to have me around him all the time to take care of him and love him and that is what he is going to get.  

Kian's needs are most important but my students also played a role in our decision.  We know that it isn't fair to another class for me to start the year with them and then leave.  Kian will be having surgery in the near future which will require me to be away from home for a period of time again.  I just can't leave another class again, it was hard enough to do once.  

So, with all that said, I will be taking this year off to be with Kian.  We are putting everything in God's hands and trusting in him that all will work out.

1 comment:

  1. sweetie , you'll never regret it, your making the right decision .a person doesn't realize how fast time goes by until you get older(like me)watching your children grow is a great gift!! love you all, Kian, nanna chichi loves you!!!

    ReplyDelete