Kaia

Kaia

Koen

Koen

Saturday, April 3, 2010

Kindness

In the last two days we have been shown kindness from strangers and I wanted to share these experiences.  

Last night Zach and I decided to go out to eat and take a breather.  We went to Olive Garden. A man stopped Zach in the restaurant and asked him if he had a child in the hospital.  (After Zach remembered he had his Miami Children's sticker on)  After we ordered our meal, the waitress came to us and told us that our meal was paid for.  We asked by who and figured out that it was the man that had stopped Zach earlier.  Zach went back to thank him but he was gone.  On the receipt the man had written, "Paid. You have enough to worry about." This gesture really touched us!

Today I went to get my hair done while Zach spent some time with Kian. (You should have seen how scary my hair was!)  The hair dresser asked me where I was from and why I was in Miami.  I told him that Kian was in the hospital and of course tried to downplay things because I am really sensitive to sympathy right now.  After he put on my foils he asked if I wanted to manicure.  Of course I said no, thank you.  He told me to please have my nails done and it was on them.  Once again, I was really touched by this gesture!

This very difficult and trying time we are going through has already taught us so much.  We have learned so much from Kian and his fight.  We have learned so much about the kindness of people.  God has blessed us with an amazing strong son and generous friends & family.  We are so thankful for that!

I try to continue to think of a line from a song I hear on the radio.  "...we will praise Him in this storm." We will continue to praise God through this trying time, no matter how hard it gets.  Trust me, we have to work on this at times, but we will continue to work hard at it!

5 comments:

  1. I cried thinking about the kindness of those people and it makes me so thankful that God places angels in our path at such trying times. We love you all and we're keeping the prayers coming! The Berry family misses you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The most beautiful thing I have read. Love you, Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The kindness of strangers is amazing...thank you for sharing these stories and these beautiful pictures of your family.
    You continue to be in our prayers daily...and so very much on this beautiful Easter morning.
    love,
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you have so many wonderful friends, family members, and strangers who care so much about you and your wonderful family, and love you. Kian is so precious. I will keep my prayers coming. I saw Sandy Rodriquez at Publix, and she said she is going to start praying for Kian, too. We are all with you!
    Love,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Danielle. This is Gina Keller. Kian's pictures are beautiful. He looks like you!! We think of you all of the time. I can't wait until we can meet your little guy. I am praying for you, Zach, and Kian.

    ReplyDelete